Sunday, February 3, 2013

Post Independent India - Many gaps filled and now just two short of completion

Its been almost two years now, since I posted figures, stats on my Indian stamps collection. Well, the number of stamps in my want list was 37 then. That number is now only 2. All those missing stamps have been stocked, should I say, but I am particularly happy about the 1994 water birds stamps. I am still short of one stamp from the set though. The two stamps that still stay missing from my collection are, 1. 1948 - Mahatma Gandhi - Rs 10 and 2. 1994 - Water birds - Re 1. That makes my collection more than 99% complete.
Also missing are the following miniature sheets. The first three issues.
Nov 14, 1973: 'Indipex 73' India International Philatelic Exhibition
Apr 15, 1975: Masks
Oct 10, 1974: UPU Centenary

I have started filling gaps with small labels on information of the missing stamps. Of course, I am doing this only with near complete country collections. So the space filler in the picture below is a label of brief details about the missing Re 1 stamp.


Here is a closer look at the stamps. A high resolution scan so dont miss out on clicking the image for a blow up view. These are all used stamps. It is not so difficult to get these stamps mint off ebay, but used stamps are more difficult to find. I waited all this while and was able to get these stamps from a collector friend. 


What I was able to get - Rs 8, Black necked crane and Rs 11, Pink headed duck. Always had the Rs 6 one. Think I inherited it from my mum. The wait is not yet over and I hope its not a long one before I find both the stamps from my want list.

Do feel free to add your thoughts, comments or suggestions
NOTE: Please click on the images for a larger view / closer look.

No comments:

Post a Comment