Friday, March 11, 2011

Bhutan

This is my first post on stamps of countries other than India. I am starting with Bhutan here and these are all the stamps of Bhutan I have, mostly miniature sheets though. I love the stamps of this country simply because of the variety, colour and shapes that they come in. I am thinking of collecting, having in my collection all of the Bhutan releases to date. Will see how that goes and hope I get there sooner than later.

All the stamps here are arranged in order of the date and year of issue, reference Scott catalogue 2008, Vol. 1. My first stamp of Bhutan is Scott No. 120, 3 ch deep red lilac, from the 1971-72 releases depicting the Wangdiphodrang Dzong and Bridge.
  







Miniature Sheets








Do feel free to add your thoughts, comments or suggestions
NOTE: Please click on the images for a larger view / closer look.

No comments:

Post a Comment