Sunday, January 23, 2011

India 1957-61

I will just mention here the complete sets from these years, that I have and that can be seen in the stock page below. I have wherever possible tried to put the rarer, more valuable stamps in mounts.

1957
Indian Mutiny Centenary
National Children's day, Set of 3
Centenary of Indian universities, Set of 3

1958
The one I dont have here is the 90np stamp of the "Silver Jubilee of Indian Air Force", Set of 2.


1961
50th Anniversary of First Official Airmail Flight, Allahabad to Naini. Of the older stamps, I think these stamps are one of my favourites.

Last Row last three stamps are from the year 1962.

Image below is that of the Banyan Sapling, 90np from the "Indian mutiny centenary", set of 2, and in my opinion is quite a rare indian stamp in itself

Do feel free to add your thoughts, comments or suggestions
NOTE: Please click on the images for a larger view / closer look.

No comments:

Post a Comment