Saturday, September 7, 2013

Covers - USA

Received these lovely covers from my good friend Ria from USA. Beautiful US Air force 50th Anniversary design on the cover makes this cover one of my favourites. I love the neat cancellations on the cover too. Very clearly readable, the first cancel indicates the date and place of sending. The other one encourages the use of ZIP codes.


In the cover, was this other FDC. Ria's put my address on it that makes it appear as a cover I received via post on the day of issue, April 14, 1982. Quite unlikely to pass it as that as I was only five then. Nevertheless a beautiful cover.


Ria also sent me this lovely strip of the 2011 "Send a Hello" stamps. A perfect fit into my 'Cartoons / Animations / Comics on Stamps' album. 


The strip includes five different designs featuring Pixar characters:
Lightning McQueen and Mater from Cars (2006), my son Ethan's favourite.
Remy the rat and Linguini from Ratatouille (2007)
Buzz Lightyear and two of the green, three-eyed aliens from Toy Story (1995)
Carl Fredricksen and Dug from Up (2009) and the robot 
WALL*E from WALL*E (2008).

The Send a Hello stamps are issued as Forever® stamps. Forever stamps are always equal in value to the current First-Class Mail one-ounce rate.

Do feel free to add your thoughts, comments or suggestions
NOTE: Please click on the images for a larger view / closer look.

No comments:

Post a Comment