Thursday, January 9, 2014

Cover - Vatican City

Received this lovely cover from the Vatican today too. Though this is only my second from the country, I would like to consider it as my very first. The first one I got was received with one stamp on the cover damaged in transit. 


I like this cover a lot. The postmark is spot on and across the stamp it reads "Gloria in excelsis deo, et in terra pax hominibus bonae voluntatis" in Gregorian Latin. The Gloria is a hymn. And the postmark across the stamp reads the first two lines of this ancient hymn. Literally translated it is "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to people of good will." Great cover.

Do feel free to add your thoughts, comments or suggestions
NOTE: Please click on the images for a larger view / closer look.

No comments:

Post a Comment