Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Mail 2012 - 6

Got this lovely cover from Australia unexpectedly and I was super excited. Although I would have wished that all the stamps on the cover would be the recent christmas releases.


Two of the three stamps on the cover are Christmas issues. This year Australia post issued five Christmas stamps, two of which present the traditional Christmas story. I don't know why, but I usually prefer the traditional Christmas stamps. A little more waiting I guess before I get my hands on the entire set.

The other three stamps in the issue are non-religious. Here on the cover are two. The brightly coloured, celebratory subjects are suggestive of familiar Christmas carols "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer", "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas", "Jingle Bells" and "Ding Dong Merrily on High".

Do feel free to add your thoughts, comments or suggestions
NOTE: Please click on the images for a larger view / closer look.

No comments:

Post a Comment